Hey y’all! What’s up?
Here I am, back again with my annual post of resolution type of thing. I know, I know I am a bit late this year. This is already the new year and I used to post it moments before new year. I am sorry I was on a very long vacation in Indonesia…. Actually, you know what, I am not sorry. This is one of the things I want to improve this year. Well, let’s get to it then.
Now, let’s see my previous resolutions:
- Healthier lifestyle. Well, at the end of the year, I kinda started becoming a vegetarian, but not for health reasons, rather environmental ones. However, I think I have not read enough about how to do it properly. In the end, I feel like I am gaining weight (which I did) and feeling weak and sleepy. That being said, I am willing to keep going at it. I just need to read more about it. Oh, and I found a new sport: bouldering. I have some friends to go there with, but tbh I kinda miss swimming. Swimming is better for the body I think, at least for me.
- Reading one book a month and writing less scientific stuff. This did not go at all. I am not even sure how many books I read. I was trying really hard to get over the tween books that I love (Percy Jackson type of thing) because I feel like I am way too old to be reading those books. But, it is really hard to read other books. It’s not like I did not read any books at all, but I just did not read as much as I hoped I would. And as for the writing, well you know how it went, I only wrote one blog post in 2017. So, FAIL!
- Financial goal. I did it! I am so proud of myself. 😀
- Dedicate myself in the better of something. Well, this is more about me trying to feel useful for the society. Well, the first few weeks in Groningen, I joined this weekly event which prepares food for the public. This is a lot of fun. Getting to meet new people and doing good at the same time. I love it! Though, I haven’t been there for about two months now. Planning to come back to it. 😀
Looking at this list, I do not think that I did so well. But, by judging on the things that I have done and achieved this year, I can definitely say that 2017 was much a better year than 2016 for me. I got my PhD, I got a job in the Netherlands, I love my life here in Groningen, meeting new and interesting people, working on exciting things. I think I deserve a pat on the back (there there..). Hahaa
For 2018! I have a list of things that I would like to achieve this year, let’s do this:
- Get a house/apartment. I want to get one by the end of the year, just because…
- Sleep at 11 PM the latest and wake up at 8 AM the latest. I think I need to have a better sleeping habit, because right now it is not good at all. I think bad sleeping pattern kinda helps me with my anxiety and you know I need my anxiety to be under control. Haha..
- Get ripped.. Naah just kidding. I just wanna lose some weight. I started 2018 with 72 kg! This is the heaviest I have been my whole life. I wanna take it down to 67, but I want to lose fat, not muscle. So, better start running…
- Properly keep track of my reading with goodreads. I should start doing this so that I am motivated to keep reading. Nothing more satisfying than ticking your to-do list.
- Be more selfish and stop apologizing for things that I want. As long as it doesn’t hurt anybody, why should I apologize? This is really hard for me. I am too anxious to ask for what I want and sometimes I avoid conflicts, so in the end I become a doormat and a pushover. This has to stop!
Oh well, I think that’s all I have for now. Hopefully, you will see me sooner than a year from now. 😀