OMG! Has it seriously been more than a year since the last time I wrote something here? God, I can’t believe it. I feel sorry for myself. I have no documentation whatsoever about what happened in 2014. 😦 And damn, a lot have happened. Well, I am not gonna write what happened in 2014 in this post. As usual, this post is a running tradition where I am gonna babble about my last year’s resolution and whether I managed to accomplish them or not. I know I know, I am late. So, let’s get to it people!
So, let’s list my last year’s resolutions:
- Publishing cool papers and going around the world. I am so proud and grateful to say that I have achieved this. At the beginning of the year, my paper was accepted to IPCAI 2014 in Japan. Later in March/April, my paper was accepted to a very good conference, MICCAI 2014 which was in Boston. I had the chance to go to MIT and step on the land of the free for the first time. My job has made me travel all over the world: Austria, Italy, and France. It was a really good year for me. (FYI: I just got a good news this morning that my paper for IPCAI 2015 was accepted without the need for rebuttal. Man, I am so lucky! :D)
- Travel a lot more. and travel I did! The great thing about it is that most of the trips were covered by my lab. In addition to those “business/leisure” trips, I also went to Brugge and Ghent to see my undergrad friends, to Paris meeting my bimbz, and also to a bunch of cities in Germany during winter break. Again, 2014 was an awesome year!
- In touch with my right brain. Well, I should say this one was not successful. I just couldn’t find the time nor the motivation to work on this. I’d rather spend my time on youtube. lol
- Fourth language. Well, this is also a fail. I started catching bits and pieces of other languages, like Spanish or German. But, again just haven’t got around to it. Youtube sucks my whole life force.
- Generally be happy. Being happy has been a very hard thing to do. Despite all the awesomeness that happened in 2014, I can positively say that 2014 was also the lowest point of my life. I hit rock bottom, multiple times. When I thought nothing could get worse, it did. Well, I am still working on this department. However, I am very thankful to be around very great and supportive friends who have helped me through this. 🙂
Well, there you go! The resolution review. I wish I had done more last year, but I already did a lot. It felt like I never stopped working (which is of course not true). I guess I should manage my time better this year. I also should go back to writing stuff on this blog. God, it is so sad that I have nothing to look back to in this blog for 2014. Ah, there it is my first resolution for the year 2015, let’s get to it, then. 😀
- Go back to writing blog regularly. Seriously, it is sad that I have nothing in 2014. I am actually not sure whether it is a good idea or not that I stopped writing here because I needed to get used to writing things scientifically. And this blog is not the most scientific stuff on the internet. I was kinda afraid that writing this blog will impede (see, this is a scientific word) my scientific writing skills. In any case, I wanna go back to writing here regularly.
- Reading one book in French every month. My french is not improving as fast as I want it to. I remember that one of the things that helped my English was reading Harry Potter in English. So, now I am going to try to do the same in French. I will start reading novels in French. 😀
- Fourth language is still in my list. I really want to be able to speak Spanish now. It will be super useful since so many countries speak it. XD
- Get healthier. In 2014, I picked up swimming as one of my new hobbies and I really like it. There was one time when I was swimming almost 3-4 times a week. And I felt really great. I wanna go back to that. I want to be healthier, and superficially speaking to have a better body. 😀
- Get over my insecurities. One of the things that has been keeping me from being happy is my insecurities. I am not sure how, but I am willing to work on it. This is very abstract, I know. But I feel like I need to write this down to remind myself to get over them.
So, yea. That’s all, folks!
I just realized that I will be 25 this year, and pretty soon too. I have been on this earth for quarter a century. Wow, ain’t that something?